Tree trimming is essential to keeping your trees healthy and beautiful year-round. Tree trimming should not be ignored because it helps reduce hazards and keeps your trees more aesthetically pleasing. Just like the flowers and grass, your trees need some TLC throughout the year to keep them healthy and strong.
Now if you don’t know how to trim a tree, don’t just start cutting away! Tree trimming may not be rocket science, but it can be difficult, and there is a proper method of doing it. It also can be a dangerous job to both you and the tree. Improper trimming can bring more damage to the tree than good. If you want your tree properly trimmed, leave it to certified-tree arborists and tree professionals!
Deciding whether to hire a tree services company? Let us help you! Below, we’ve listed some reasons why you should hire a tree professional and not attempt tree trimming on your own without any or little experience.
Reasons You Shouldn’t Trim Your Trees Without Professional Help
- Tree trimming and pruning can be dangerous, especially if the tree is tall or in a hard-to-reach place. While trimming, branches can easily fall on you, your home, your car, another person, or a neighbor’s property. A tree professional knows how to stabilize the tree and knows which branches are safe or not.
- You don’t know the difference between strong wood and weak wood. You could easily break branches from your own weight without realizing how week the wood was. A weak branch could hit you or make you fall.
- You could fall. Many trees will require you to climb a ladder and you could easily lose your balance; there’s a chance you could fall and hurt your back, neck, head, legs, and arms – you could sustain some severe injuries that would require a trip to the hospital.
- You don’t have the proper equipment. Do you have a tall-enough ladder? Crane? Wood chipper? Safety gear? Chainsaws? A tree company is fully prepared when they show up to your property to deal with any situation and have all the proper tools and equipment to get the job done efficiently, quickly, and safely.
- Tools are dangerous. You’d be working with a lot of sharp tools like clippers, saws, chainsaws, and a woodchipper. These tools can easily harm you if mishandled.
- You don’t know how much or what to trim. If you trim too much, the tree could get sick and/or die. Certain branches shouldn’t be touch – a tree professional knows the difference.
- You could be electrocuted if you’re trimming branches near or touching electrical lines, especially if the lines are hidden or entangled in the branches of the tree. An electrocution could burn or disfigure you, causing you to fall. When handling a tree near/in electrical lines, a tree professional knows how to get the power lines shut off temporarily until the job is done.
Tree trimming is hard work that can be dangerous. Although safety is a priority, you also don’t want to have “ugly” trees if you are unsure how to prune a shape correctly. You also don’t want to harm the tree by over trimming it or by trimming the wrong branches.
When you tree trim on your own, you’re risking your safety, as well as the tree’s safety. One wrong move could hurt you or the tree. If you have trees on your property that need trimming, put the clippers aside and call a tree professional today to get your trees looking their best again!
Looking for Tree Care Services in Jacksonville, Fl?
If your trees need trimming, it’s time to call a Jacksonville arborist! Our certified arborists at Bushor’s Tree Surgeons will arrive with the proper tools, equipment, and experience to trim and prune your tree(s). With trimming, we offer hazard reduction and maintenance as services to keep your trees healthy and beautiful.
Bushor’s Tree Surgeons is a tree service company based in Jacksonville, Florida, and services customers in Ponte Vedra Beach and St. Augustine, Florida. We have three certified arborists that ensure the highest quality of tree care in the city! Call us at tel:+19047319100 or click our Tree Service Jacksonville Fl contact page to learn more and to set up an appointment with one of our certified arborists.