Caring for a tree doesn’t have to be hard, especially if you keep up with it throughout the year. In fact, tree maintenance can be easy if you know how to do it. At Bushor’s Tree Surgeons, we are a Jacksonville tree care services company who understands the needs of trees in Florida. We care for trees year-round, and we know exactly what the trees in this area need to thrive.
As a tree services company, we wanted to share with you some tips on how to keep your trees healthy during the year.
Tips on Caring for Your Trees All Year Long
1. Take note of where your trees are planted. They could be planted in a spot in your yard that will make it difficult for them to grow or thrive. Is your tree too close to the house? Is the tree crowded against other trees or bushes? Is the tree in healthy soil?
2. Make sure the hole you put the tree into was 2 to 3 times wider than the size of the tree’s root ball, and make sure the hole isn’t too deep. You want the hole to be as deep as the root ball.
3. Water your trees (yes, you heard that correctly) if it hasn’t rained in a few weeks. Trees should be cared for just like your flowers or shrubs. New trees need 4 to 10 gallons of water each week while older trees need one inch of water each week.
4. Trim your trees all year long. Do not over trim or you could compromise the growth of the tree. Tree trimming keeps your trees healthy (and pretty).
5. Get your soil tested to make sure it has all the nutrients and minerals needed for your tree to live and grow. Purchase a pH soil test kit.
6. Add nutrients to the soil by fertilizing your tree throughout the year. The amount you fertilize depends on the age and health of your tree.
7. Put mulch on the roots of the tree but not the base of the tree. The mulch will help insulate the roots and give them moisture.
These are just a few tips to care for your trees throughout the year. These tips are not hard, but if you do not execute them correctly you could do more harm than good to the tree. For example, if you over trim your tree, you can keep it from growing for a few years.
Certified tree arborists know exactly when to fertilize a tree, when to water a tree, when and how to trim a tree, how to test soil, and how to spot if a tree was planted correctly in the right place.
Looking for Tree Care Services in Jacksonville, Fl?
If you need help taking care of the trees on your property, it’s time to call the tree professionals. At Bushor’s, we know and love trees. We’ve been in the tree business for decades.
We know how to care for Jacksonville and Florida trees. Our three Certified arborists ensure the highest quality of tree care in the city. After looking at your trees, we will formulate a care plan and let you know the best way we can care for your trees regularly year-round.
If you’re looking for a tree care services company, let Bushor’s Tree Surgeons help your trees stay healthy and beautiful. We are a tree service company based in Jacksonville, Florida, and service customers in Ponte Vedra Beach and St. Augustine, Florida. Call us at 904-731-9100 or click our Tree Service Jacksonville Fl contact page to learn more and to set up an appointment with one of our certified arborists.